At IBVI, we have an “open door” policy for anyone interested in becoming a new customer. We’re here to answer all your questions before you start, and we’ll guide you through our onboarding process step-by-step to make your transition as smooth as possible.
AbilityOne® “Refresher” Training
As we get to know each customer, we like to start by giving a general overview of the AbilityOne® program itself, and the various benefits the program brings to our community. The AbilityOne Program, as many may know, is a government-mandated program that helps the U.S. government create jobs for Americans who are blind or have significant disabilities. Those who work for companies under this program create hundreds of different products and supplies every day, such as office supplies, tools, utility brushes, and much more. This training session helps to shed some light on how we’re able to fulfill many of the critical services we provide.
Some of the key points we cover in this training include:
- AbilityOne program history
- AbilityOne commission and hierarchy
- Mission of IBVI
- How IBVI fits within The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
Card Holder Training
The next step in our onboarding process covers training for General Services Administration (GSA) Purchase Cardholders. Those attending in person can register in a few simple steps. Once we create your account in our system, we provide a brief overview on how to use our various websites. We’ll then cover a few general points regarding rules and regulations before discussing the abilities and capabilities we offer as your partner.
We take pride in our capabilities — it’s what sets us apart. We offer a wide range of services and products to meet our customers’ needs, and that comes from our commitment to establishing cost-effectiveness and reliability in all that we do. That’s why it’s important to walk our customers through the many services we provide:
- Manufacturing: We use adaptive technology to enhance operator capabilities so we can produce the highest quality products for our customers. ISO 9001:2015 certified.
- Kitting: We offer customized kits & tool sets, including construction & engineering sets, kits, outfits, first responder & investigation kits, & more.
- Distribution: We help elevate your business with turnkey distribution services.
- IBVI Made: We manufacture hundreds of high-quality items in full compliance with government-purchase requirements.
- IBVI Custom: We can get you the branded items you need, on time, and on-budget.
- IBVI Supply: Dedicated to your on-base needs, we offer a full range of custom supplies and solutions.
- IBVI Spaces: Our expert design services and custom furniture solutions help create accessible spaces to live and work.
For starters, it’s important to note that we have 889 compliance standards in place to ensure we provide the highest level of service to our customers.
Speaking of service, we’re dedicated to providing our customers with an outstanding experience. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call us or send an email our way to start a conversation. We’ll always make sure that you’re taken care of.
Lastly, we can customize or tailor any training to fit the needs of our new customers. We offer specific training according to your interests. For instance, if you’d like to focus your training session around our Master Shopper program, we can arrange that. Or, if you’d like to look at our customer portfolio to see our previous work in action for other government customers, just ask! We’d be happy to accommodate your request.
Whether you’re in the Milwaukee area or near one of our Base Supply Center (BSC) store locations across the country, we encourage you to get in touch with us to schedule a tour and see us in action. We look forward to meeting you!
For more information, fill out our contact form here.