The outbreak of COVID-19 has affected everyone in our country, including us at Industries for the Blind and Visually Impaired (IBVI), as well as our partners throughout the US government and military. In this ever-changing situation, IBVI is closely monitoring and adhering to the recommendations provided by experts from the Centers for Disease Control and Office of Personnel Management.
IBVI is committed to maintaining a safe work environment and has therefore put into place a continuity of operations plan that will help us to continue business functions as normally as possible for our employees, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Letter from President and CEO CJ Lange 3/25
- Memo from Dr. Jean Ibric (Onsite Clinic Doctor for IBVI) 3/26
- Information regarding IBVI Supply
- COVID-19 On-Site Symptom Screening Policy
- Memo from Dr. Jean Ibric (Onsite Clinic Doctor for IBVI) 4/13
- Update from President and CEO CJ Lange 4/28
- Return of Hand Assembly Associates
- Update from President and CEO CJ Lange 5/21
- Safe Work Playbook 6/09
- COVID-19 Q&A: 7/23 Update
- Update from President and CEO CJ Lange July 2020
IBVI is following the CDC’s COVID-19 recommendations and guidelines but these may change as new information is released and made available to us.
Federal Government COVID-19 Resources:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
- President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America (PDF or DOCX)
- Department of Labor Coronavirus Resources
Other News and Resources:
- Government Contracting Insights: Industry May Find Relief for Coronavirus Delays. Read more.
- Small Business Administration (SBA) will provide disaster assistance loans for small businesses impacted by coronavirus. Read more.
- Department of Labor information on common issues employers and employees face when responding to COVID-19: click here.
- OSHA guidance on preparing workplaces for COVID-19: click here.
- ObjectiveEd is providing free access to its distance learning system until the end of the year. ObjectiveEd’s distance learning includes orientation and mobility, assistive technology, and braille literacy. Read more.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our customer service department at 1.800.642.8778. As the situation continues to evolve, we’ll be updating this page with relevant information.